Monday, August 18, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
I am really trying to get back into regularly posting, but as you can see from the last time it has been a long time! I have a cute baby to thank for that. But, my blog has always just been a fun thing to update everyone on what I'm working on. So, that is just what I want to do today! Here are some great collaborations I've been doing with other bloggers. I love how they are styling my artwork and trays into their lives. Amazing blogs, you must jump over and check out...here are some of their pretty pictures!
Friday, February 14, 2014
Everyone loves peonies and I'm so excited to add this print to the store soon! It comes is 4 different colorways and in 8x10 for only $22 or a 16x20 for $55! The colors are bright and fun and will look great on any art wall, office space or a little area that needs a splash of color. We should have these on the website shortly!
Thursday, February 6, 2014
If you haven't heard of them, then I'm telling you now...Glitter Guide is the chicest/prettiest online publication around and I am so thrilled to do a Shop Talk feature with them. I haven't done many interviews, but this one was a no brainier and was like talking to a good girlfriend! Please check it out and share...you always feel sparkly after reading Glitter Guide!! Yay!!!
A few pictures from the feature and a some of our new spring patterns for Acrylic trays found here!
Monday, January 27, 2014
I wanted to share a few things that are must haves on my desk that keep me motivated, inspired and organized to run a small business. I've done it all from just using a legal pad and computer on the couch to finally having a full functioning office with filing, resources, catalogs....and all the other office-smoffice things. Trust me, if your surroundings are ready for business, good things will come your way!
1. Inspiring and Colorful Artwork. Always have something colorful or motivating on your wall that makes you happy when you sit down at the desk for the day. I love this print, found in Hattan Home and the Floral Painting is mine found here!
2. A Daily Planner. Whitney English's Day Designer will keep you organized and help get things crossed off the list. It such a great tool to plan ahead and keep track of all the things you have going on. I use to scribble things down, but there is something about putting it in a pretty book that helps you stick to staying organized.
3. Fancy Pens. Even if they are just decorative, cute pens and pencils sitting on the desk in a cute holder really make you feel like you have to get the job done.
4. Stationery and Note Cards. I think having these on hand are really important. I always try to write a thank you note to each customer that purchases something from my shop. I might not get everyone, but I do think a hand written thank you is greatly appreciated and goes a long way professionally.
5. Acrylic Tray. I don't know what I would do with out my trays! I make messes every hour, but I always try to keep the desk organized and an acrylic tray is great for all the little things the pile up through out the day. Check out all the personalized options we have in the shop here!
6. Logo & Business Cards. Place your business cards in a little holder so you can look at them and remind yourself that you're a professional and you mean business! Also, seeing your logo around the office also helps you feel like your office is a real place of business-because it is!
7. Photos. Placing a few photos of loved ones and fun memories is a great way to get through a tough day. Put some pictures that make you laugh, even if you're not the most stylish in it, but it will give you a kick in the rear the moment you feel like pulling your hair out. I change out my pictures and frames all the time as I make new, fun memories with friends and family.
What do you do to keep motivated and organized??
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
I don't do much to my Society 6 store and sometimes I forget to mention when there are great sales or free shipping...which is the best! I pulled some of my favorite patterns and products, but there are many more to choose from! Loving the new mugs, I have not seen them yet, but a collection of 4 would look really cute! Hop over to my Society 6 shop here and pick out some inexpensive cute things for yourself and get FREE shipping-WORLDWIDE thru Sunday! Yay!
Monday, January 20, 2014
The artwork was the start of my color palette...coral, indigo and gold is pretty much fantastic with anything-sorrry silver...I don't know if you'll ever be back in style when we have pretty gold things!
Rose Bud Art Print by Laura Dro....Marrakech Curtains....Sofa....Coral Ikat Pillow....Gold Vases....Aqua Frames....Flamingo Print....Peacock Blue Chair....Gold Trim Chest....Vintage Marquee Light Ampersand
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Below are a few of the last original paintings I have from my Ikat series...then they are gone-zo! I will eventually reintroduce some of these as prints, but right now I need to clear some space for the new artwork! All of these were feature on a Joss and Main sale I did last year, but they were reprints on canvases-these are the original Ikat artwork pieces!
I'm putting these up here and on FB first, once they go on the website, they don't last! email me if you're interested or have questions by using contact page on my website.
All prices INCLUDE SHIPPING!!!!
24x36 Ikat Fluer Painting with artist signature-$200 (originally $350) Deep oranges, blues, teal and gold acrylic paint. SOLD!
16x20 Sundrenched Ikat Painting with artist signature-$150 (was $250) Frame NOT included.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
We are almost finished with the nursery, just a few more little things here and there! But, the only thing that stinks is that all our bedrooms are upstairs, so she will be downstairs in our bedroom until I figure her sleeping out! I feel bad asking the husband to lug my amazingly beautiful black and white pin stripe glider upstairs, then back down just for some pictures...but then I might just have to ask as sweetly as possible because I'm dying to see it all complete! Although we went with a black, gold and pale pink palette for the room...my second fave is navy with coral! So, I just pulled a few things I loved and made a fun board!
Oh, and PS-Tomorrow I'm doing a giveaway of one of our 8.5x11 Lucite Trays with Natasha of Hello Happiness, so check out the details tomorrow on her blog!!!
Monday, January 13, 2014
I have always loved these floral watercolor illustrations and will eventually get to making more! But, I am finally happy with the quality of printing and they are up in the shop! They are 8x10 and make a great collection together at only $20 each! Check them out here in our shop under prints!
|Floral Watercolor Illustration-Pinks|
|Floral Watercolor Illustration-Pinks|
|Floral Watercolor Illustrations-Blues|